We are pleased to present an opportunity for a 2nd Chef to join our catering team Haggs Castle Golf Club. Our restaurant and lounge provide a casual dining experience to Members serving breakfast snacks, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Also catering for social and golfing events in our function rooms.
As 2nd Chef you will support the Head Chef to ensure that our Members have an excellent dining experience. You will be able to organise and run the kitchen to provide cover for days off and annual leave. You will have experience of all sections ensuring a hygienic and compliant kitchen is maintained.
Hours are annualised over 12 months with shorter working days in the winter. You will be working on a 5 days in 7 basis.
The successful candidate should ideally have the following skills: -
- Experience as a 2nd Chef in a similar environment
- Experience of running a kitchen
- Experience of all sections
- NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery or equivalent
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- High standard of personal presentation
- Able to contribute positively to a team environment
- Be reliable, hard-working and passionate
- Your own transport to get to work
- Competitive salary in line with experience
- 28 days holiday (includes public & bank holidays)
- Subsidised staff meals
- Contributory pension scheme
- Uniform provided