Interns will work closely with the Pastry Chef, reinforcing classic techniques as well as learning new and more modern applications. The production of desserts, baked goods, and breads will be done on a daily basis. Interns will also be responsible for helping the Pastry Chef in the set up and the execution of nightly dinner desserts on a restaurant line.
There is also a unique opportunity to be a part of the planning and production for one of the most prestigious events in sports; The Masters Golf Tournament.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, eager to learn, and respectful of the professional environment.
Internship dates: September 27, 2021 through May 30, 2022
Essential Functions of the Job
- Gathers all supplies as needed to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner menu items.
- Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, chop, simmer, steam, whip, fold, blend, garnish, maintaining holding temperatures of foods in all food stations.
- Prepares vegetables, meats, cheeses and other items for soups, salads, sandwiches, appetizers, entrees or other items for use in the production of menu items.
- Sets up, maintains and breaks down prep stations.
- Gathers supplies needed to prepare baked goods, breads, puddings, gelatins, frozen desserts, baked fruits, pies, cakes, French pastries, custards and cookies.
- Prepares baked items and desserts in accordance with Club recipes and standards.
- Slices and proportions cold meats, fish and poultry; garnishes them in accordance with Club guidelines.
- Prepares appetizers, hors d’oeuvres, relishes and condiments in accordance with established Club recipes.
- Prepares cold sauces, salads, jellies, stuffings, salad dressings and sandwiches according to Club standards and recipes
- Ensures that assigned work areas and equipment is clean and sanitary. Adheres to state and federal sanitation guidelines. Returns soiled food preparation utensils and other smallwares to the proper area for cleaning.
- Covers, dates and stores all leftover products that are reusable in accordance with established procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with receiving, storage and distribution of all food and beverage products while maintaining a neat and clean work area at all times.
- Tracks and maintains experiences, relevant internship activity and notes in internship journal. Reviews activity with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
- Meets with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef or designee regularly to discuss internship progress and set future goals.
- Performs all other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of food preparation and food service techniques.
- Basic math skills.
- Food preparation and/or service experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Full time enrollment status in an approved culinary arts educational program.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
- Paid Internship
- Intern housing available
- Duration of Internship: September 27, 2021 - May 30, 2022