Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Westin Kierland Golf Club in Scottsdale, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Irrigation Technician for the golf course Turf center. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Irrigation Technician:
• Performs preventative maintenance on the irrigation system including the lake re-circulation system and water features.
• Determines wet and dry areas for adjustments of sprinkler heads.
• Properly inventories and stocks all irrigation parts and tools in order to minimize down time.
• Maintains working knowledge of pump station maintenance requirements
• Operates, maintains and repairs a complex irrigation system, including leaks on the distribution lines, valve risers, electrical system, computer and irrigation control wire.
• Reports any serious irrigation breaks immediately to the Head Irrigation Technician or Superintendent and maintains a daily log of completed repairs.
• Prioritizes irrigation breaks and uses time efficiently.
• Conducts monthly checks of all sprinkler heads on the entire golf facility.
• Routinely inspects irrigation system components to ensure system is operating properly.
• Responsible for winterization and blowout of irrigation system, including all water lines, valves and pump stations.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Irrigation Technician:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Certificate from college or technical school is preferred; and a minimum three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Prior golf course maintenance and irrigation experience is a major plus.
• Must have ability to lift heavy objects.
• Must be able to multi-task, problem-solve, and prioritize well.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...