This job is archived
Hiddenbrooke Golf Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Irrigation Technician. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
- Performs preventative maintenance on the irrigation system including the lake re-circulation system and water features.
- Determines wet and dry areas for adjustments of sprinkler heads.
- Properly inventories and stocks all irrigation parts and tools in order to minimize down time.
- Maintains working knowledge of pump station maintenance requirements
- Operates, maintains and repairs a complex irrigation system, including leaks on the distribution lines, valve risers, electrical system, computer and irrigation control wire.
- Reports any serious irrigation breaks immediately to the Head Irrigation Technician or Superintendent and maintains a daily log of completed repairs.
- Prioritizes irrigation breaks and uses time efficiently.
- Conducts monthly checks of all sprinkler heads on the entire golf facility.
- Routinely inspects irrigation system components to ensure system is operating properly.
- Responsible for winterization and blowout of irrigation system, including all water lines, valves and pump stations
-  Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Irrigation Technician:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED required. Certificate from college or technical school is preferred and a minimum three to six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination and experience.
- Must have a valid driver&rsquos license.
- Prior golf course maintenance and irrigation experience is a major plus.
- Must have ability to lift heavy objects.
- Must be able to multi-task, problem-solve, and prioritize well.