Essential Functions of the Job
- Responsible for care, maintenance, organization and inventory of greenhouse.
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of ornamentals and annuals.
- Assist with the planning, preparation and implementation of technical programs.
- Assist with the implementation of tournament flower program.
- Assist with the planning and implementing of projects or issues related to areas of responsibility
- Maintains precise and detailed records.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with management for scheduling of daily tasks
- Provides labor and supports a complete grounds maintenance program by performing basic departmental responsibilities including, but not limited to debris clean up, weeding, moving, aerating, watering, fertilizing, grading, sodding, trimming, planting and pruning within Club grounds as well as the outside perimeter.
- Operates outdoor equipment properly and in accordance with Club safety procedures. Notifies supervisor or grounds mechanics of equipment malfunctions or necessary equipment maintenance.
- Abides by and performs work tasks in compliance with Club procedures as well as local and state regulations.
- Select and conduct a research project relative to issues pertaining to operations of the Nursery Department.
- Performs other duties, which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
- Maintains the confidentiality of club business.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Possess the ability to learn and/or operate basic landscaping equipment
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and ability to apply technical horticulture skills
- Organizational and Inventory control skills
- Minimum two-year certificate or Associates degree from an accredited Horticulture program or related field; Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or related field preferred
- Entry Level position (0 – 2 years working experience)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a current and valid Georgia Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s license within 90 days.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
Requires indoor and outdoor work with exposure to extreme heat/humidity, cold weather and rain. May also experience exposure to the following: carbon monoxide fumes from equipment, various insects and native/domestic animals, potentially damaging noise levels, grease and hot oils from equipment, flying golf balls, and a variety of dirt, mud, dust, pollen and approved pesticides. Equipment used includes but is not limited to: golf cart, rotary mowers, reel mowers, weed-eaters, edgers, blowers, industrial vacuums, electric/gas hedge shears, chain saws, verticutters, tractors, utility vehicles, various hand tools, chemical sprayers and other miscellaneous equipment as required by job duties. Safety equipment includes, but in not limited to: safety goggles and glasses, hearing protection such as earplugs, gloves and rain suit, appropriate protective respiratory devices, insect repellent and insect sting relief swabs, sunscreen products, protective hats (optional) and back support belt.
Positions at Augusta National Golf Club require a COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who are offered a position will be asked their vaccination status which will be considered in accordance with applicable law.
Projected Work Schedule:
Normal work hours are 6:30 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as dictated by the needs of the business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds and frequently required to talk and/or hear. The employee is constantly required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle or lift items and/or drive a golf cart. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as but not limited to: preparing and analyzing data and figures, visual inspection involving property maintenance, hazards and safety violations, and/or operation of machines or golf carts (including inspection).
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Employee engagement activities and recognition events
- Years of Service awards
- Variety of benefits coverage options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
*Based upon employee eligibility