This job is archived
Essential Functions of the Job
- Responsible for care, maintenance, organization and inventory of greenhouse.
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of ornamentals and annuals.
- Assist with the planning, preparation and implementation of technical programs.
- Assist with the implementation of tournament flower program.
- Assist with the planning and implementing of projects or issues related to areas of responsibility
- Maintains precise and detailed records.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with management for scheduling of daily tasks
- Provides labor and supports a complete grounds maintenance program by performing basic departmental responsibilities including, but not limited to debris clean up, weeding, moving, aerating, watering, fertilizing, grading, sodding, trimming, planting and pruning within Club grounds as well as the outside perimeter.
- Operates outdoor equipment properly and in accordance with Club safety procedures. Notifies supervisor or grounds mechanics of equipment malfunctions or necessary equipment maintenance.
- Abides by and performs work tasks in compliance with Club procedures as well as local and state regulations.
- Select and conduct a research project relative to issues pertaining to operations of the Nursery Department.
- Performs other duties, which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
- Maintains the confidentiality of club business.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Possess the ability to learn and/or operate basic landscaping equipment
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and ability to apply technical horticulture skills
- Organizational and Inventory control skills
- Minimum two-year certificate or Associates degree from an accredited Horticulture program or related field; Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or related field preferred
- Entry Level position (0 – 2 years working experience)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a current and valid Georgia Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s license within 90 days.
Augusta National Golf Club offers a competitive salary and benefit package to include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability (paid by employer)
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Paid Holidays