Essential Functions of the Job
- Provides labor and supports a complete grounds maintenance program by performing basic departmental responsibilities including, but not limited to debris clean up, weeding, watering, fertilizing, grading, spraying, trimming and pruning within Club grounds as well as the outside perimeter.
- Directly involved with the care and maintenance of all areas of department responsibility.
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of ornamentals as directed.
- Assist Plant Health Care team to ensure health and vitality of all plants on property through sprays, injections and granular applications, etc.
- Willingness to learn and participate in using new technologies in the field.
- Participate in preparation and completion of Masters Tournament.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates outdoor equipment properly and in accordance with Club safety procedures. Notifies supervisor or grounds mechanics of equipment malfunctions or necessary equipment maintenance.
- Abides by and performs work tasks in compliance with Club procedures as well as local and state regulations. Maintains confidentiality in all departments.
- Brings forward ideas to help improve efficiency within the department.
- Performs other duties, which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Possess the ability to learn and operate basic landscaping equipment
- High school graduate or equivalency required
- Currently a student enrolled in a Horticulture or a related field of study at either a college, university or technical school program
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
Augusta National Golf Club offers a competitive salary and benefit package to include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability (paid by employer)
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Paid Holidays