San Pedro Golf Course in Benson, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Groundskeeper. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs.
Education and/or Experience
• Some High School.
• Six months of experience in golf course grounds maintenance or greenskeeping is preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
• Knowledge of golf course operations.
• Knowledge of irrigation systems.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
• Cooperate with, and respect fellow employees.
• Presents a professional image at all times.
• Interest in the game of golf is preferred.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
• Maintain golf course and landscaping around the course, clubhouse and other club facilities, including parking lots.
• Plants and maintains ornamental shrubs, trees, and flowers.
• Performs basic labor on the golf course.
• Trims and feeds shrubs and trees; removes cuttings.
• Maintains landscape beds around clubhouse and golf course grounds.
• Rakes and blows leaves, walkways, parking lots, golf car storage areas, driveways, etc.
• Mows greens and fairways by operating walk-behind turf equipment.
• Prepares and lays sod.
• Fills divots and repairs ball marks.
• Basic operation of utility vehicles, sod cutters, weed-eaters, hand-held blowers, small equipment/etc.
• Rakes and edges bunkers and periodically fills with sand.
• Loads and unloads materials.
• Repairs and maintains driving range tees.
• Cleans any/all equipment used on the golf course grounds.
• Aerifies and spikes greens.
• Digs holes and trenches to maintain or construct irrigation and drainage lines.
• Installs pipe and backfills excavations.
• Empties garbage cans.
• Attends staff meetings.
• Performs manual watering on the golf course.
• Performs other appropriate tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
• Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment, which is typical of this position.
• Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
• May need to use some protective equipment, such as a respirator, gloves, earplugs, eye guards/visors, boots and hat.
• Often required to get dirty and/or work in dirty environments.
• Prefer that all groundskeepers possess a valid driver’s license.