This job is archived
Douglas Park Golf Club is situated in the heart of Bearsden, members and visitors are welcomed to their fabulous 18-hole scenic parkland course – providing an enjoyable challenge to golfers of all abilities.
Under direction, a Greenkeeper is responsible for carrying out all the various tasks of golf course maintenance to which he/she is assigned and to understand both the relevant safety requirements and Code of Practice for all employees.
The safe operation of all equipment and work practices to the approved standard of safety and with due regards to the local environment.
- Operation of various types of mowing equipment used on greens, tees, fairways, surrounds and roughs etc.
- Operation of top dressers, aerifiers, spreaders, tractors, and other such powered equipment.
- General maintenance of greens, tees, bunkers and fairways, including hole changing, bunker raking and divit filling etc.
- Watering, basic use of the irrigation system and general pipe repairs.
- Tree and shrub planting, pruning and wood clearing.
- Assisting in various course project work as well as any associated landscaping work including turfing and seeding.
- General drainage work including clearing and trimming ditches.
- Indoor work including maintenance of a variety of equipment, the cleaning and painting of golf course accessories and general repairs.
- Continued learning and understanding of the maintenance requirements of a golf course in line with the training manual and under the supervision of the Course Manager or Deputy
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply to this role please click APPLY now.