Sherborne Golf Club founded in 1894, is situated on a Dorset hilltop offering wonderful vistas over the Blackmore Vale and Glastonbury in the picturesque surroundings of Sherborne.
Sherborne is a forward thinking and vibrant members club that prides itself on delivering exceptional standards and experiences for club members, guests, and visitors in a welcoming environment.
The 18-hole James Braid designed golf course is complemented by a superb practice range and academy facility. The greenkeeping setup possess excellent facilities, a modern fleet of machinery and a team of dedicated staff who pride themselves on attention to detail and presenting the golfing facilities to a very high standard.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with the following qualifications and experience to join our current team of 4 greenkeepers led by Head Greenkeeper Scott Johnson:
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Greenkeeping/Sports Turf Management
- PA1, PA2, & PA6 spraying qualification & Chainsaw certificate are desirable
- Knowledge of Machinery Maintenance
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Previous golf course experience desirable
- Ideally plays golf
- A UK Driving licence
What else can you bring:
- Attention to detail and a passion to achieve excellent results
- Team player
- Good Communication skills
- A positive, hard-working attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop
What we offer:
- A competitive salary in line with the BIGGA guidelines plus overtime
- BIGGA membership.
- Staff uniform and PPE Provided.
- Further education and training opportunities.
This is a full-time position working a minimum of 40 hours per week . A flexible approach to work is needed as some rota-based weekend work and seasonal hours are required.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please click on the APPLY button now.