This job is archived
Come and join us...
At Gleneagles we’re united in our values, no matter where we work; we demonstrate a true sense of pride in all that we do, we operate collaboratively as one team, we’re warm and thoughtful in our make-up, and our spirit of adventure ensures our product and concepts remain fresh and relevant.
Diverse, ambitious and welcoming, we have an inherent desire to create unique and incredible experiences for both our guests and our people; we work hard, get stuck in and have fun.
One of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, we are currently seeking a driven, self-motivated Senior Greenkeeper – Irrigation and Sub-Air, with outstanding attention to detail, to join our Golf Courses team.
We’re a passionate and dedicated team, responsible for the daily presentation of our three iconic golf courses; we ensure the best possible playing surfaces and offer a consistent challenge and exceptional experience for our members and guests. We’re early birds and night owls, preparing our golf courses for play daily to the most exacting standards, come rain or shine. There is simply no better place to develop and evolve your Greenkeeping career than with one of the best names in the Golf world.
We are open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
Be part of ‘Our Glorious Playground...
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera in the Highlands”.
Today, as a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
Location; Auchterarder, just off the A9. Gleneagles is also within easy reach of a number of Scottish towns and cities: Edinburgh City Centre (1hr), Glasgow or Dundee (50mins), Stirling and Perth (25mins).
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role:
- Supporting the Assistant Greenkeepers and deputising as required, you’ll be leading by example and ensuring the highest standards of greenkeeping are consistently delivered and also have a lead role in smaller projects
- Using your eagle eye for detail you’ll make sure the morning golf course set up is consistently of the highest standard
- The point of contact for all irrigation and sub-air communications; you’ll ensure a daily checklist of the Sub-Air system is implemented and maintained, carry out weekly checks of all pump stations and be responsible for routine maintenance
- Monitor, plan and schedule routine maintenance of irrigation heads to include levelling of sprinklers, replacement of nozzles when required, checking of arcs and always maintain an up-to-date record of progress, carrying out repair and maintenance of the irrigation system as required
- Become proficient in fault-finding by being willing and available for all training and development that is made available. It is understood that this is a learning process and you will be supported throughout the process
- Whilst not responsible for scheduling of irrigation, you’ll become proficient in the software programs designed to run the systems and implement fault finding techniques and remedies
- You’ll monitor and have responsibility for the cleanliness of GCM Central and manage this roster Maintaining a sound knowledge of operating golf course maintenance equipment
- Collecting data including Stimp meter, Clegg hammer, POGO and other data collection requested
- Calibration and application of granular nutrients and soil amendments
- Monitoring and maintaining health, safety and security practises and procedures at all times
- Responding to emergencies in a calm and professional manner, in-line with company procedures and ensuring correct follow up action is taken in the best interests of the health, safety and security of our guests, people and our business
- Identifying any area of the estate which is irregular in terms of foreign grasses and/or disease and weak areas requiring re-turfing, proactively highlighting this and being part of the solution
- Undertaking routine machine maintenance and preparing machinery for use and storage; you’ll have a lead role in daily machine set up
- Maintaining awareness and understanding of the rules of golf relating to golf course maintenance; you’ll also ensure up-to-date awareness of modern greenkeeping practices along with new developments within the industry
- Uploading your daily work schedule and hours on ground2control after the task is complete by using the devices available in our Bothy
- Interacting with our guests, always warm, professional, helpful and doing everything you can to exceed their expectations; playing your part in making their stay with us 5 star in every way
The kind of person we're looking for:
- You’ll have complete knowledge of the plant machinery used for specific tasks and know how to ensure each is utilised in the correct manner.
- Your knowledge of the relevant Health and Safety regulations is sound and well proven
- You're highly motivated and possess an immense sense of pride in your work; you're passionate about delivering the high standards for our guests in line with the Gleneagles brand
- You have a positive “can do” attitude to solving problems in a professional and courteous manner
- You're a strong team player with great communication skills and an enthusiastic approach; you're well organised and punctual with an eagle eye for detail
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun along the way
What’s in it for you:
As well as a competitive salary and investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a huge variety of perks and discounts:
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted hotel stays at Gleneagles and Hoxton Hotels
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Volunteering day with a charitable partner of your choice
If you are our next Senior Greenkeeper – Irrigation and Sub-Air, please forward your most recent CV to us today!