This job is archived
Gullane Golf Club is regarded as one of the finest Private Members Clubs in the UK and is very popular all year round with visitors from all over the world. We have 1700 Members, three fantastic golf courses and hosted the ASI Men’s Scottish Open in 2015 and ASI’s Men’s and Ladies Scottish Opens in 2018.
The successful candidate will assist the Course Manager, and Management Team, to ensure that all 3 courses are prepared for play to the best possible standard. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and passionate individual in a similar role to take on a new challenge and to develop their career within an award-winning golf club.
The position offers competitive remuneration, excellent staff benefits including the opportunity to play on Gullane’s three fantastic golf courses. The position is full time permanent, working 5 days from 7 as per seasonal rota and will require weekend working.
- Assisting the course Supervisor in the day-to-day maintenance of the golf courses.
- Ensuring that all working practices are conducted within Health & Safety guidelines as laid down in the Club’s working document.
- To always be aware of risk assessments both to other staff and yourself.
- Maintain a courteous and timely service to Members and visitors.
- Undertaking specialist training and education courses as and when required.
- Following the Club’s environmental policies with particular regard to the fact that the Courses are covered in part as a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a Nature Reserve.
Key Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a greenkeeping position.
- Must be qualified up to a minimum of SVQ Level 2.
- Spraying certificate qualifications desirable
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Strong attention to detail and pride in their work.
- Up to date experience working with modern machinery and proper maintenance of machinery.
- A strong knowledge of Health and Safety requirements relating to greenkeeping.
Pay & Benefits
- Salary: between £26,750 and £28,000 subject to qualifications
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 28 days holiday per annum
Please submit your up-to-date CV by clicking the APPLY NOW button.