Essential Functions of the Job
- Provide labor and support a complete grounds maintenance program by performing basic departmental responsibilities encompassing all Club property.
- Perform daily tasks as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform work tasks in compliance with Club procedures as well as local and state regulations.
- Operate outdoor equipment properly and in accordance with Club safety procedures.
- Perform other duties, which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate basic landscaping hand tools and small equipment preferred
- High school graduate or equivalency required
- One year of commercial grounds maintenance experience preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
Require indoor and outdoor work with exposure to extreme heat/humidity, cold weather and rain. May also experience exposure to the following: carbon monoxide fumes from equipment, various insects and native/domestic animals, potentially damaging noise levels, grease and hot oils from equipment, flying golf balls, and a variety of dirt, mud, dust, pollen and approved pesticides. Equipment used includes but is not limited to: golf cart, rotary mowers, reel mowers, weed-eaters, edgers, blowers, industrial vacuums, electric/gas hedge shears, chain saws, verticutters, tractors, utility vehicles, various hand tools, chemical sprayers and other miscellaneous equipment as required by job duties. Safety equipment includes, but in not limited to: safety goggles and glasses, hearing protection such as earplugs, gloves and rain suit, appropriate protective respiratory devices, insect repellent and insect sting relief swabs, sunscreen products, protective hats (optional) and back support belt.
Projected Work Schedule:
Normal work hours are 6:20 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as dictated by the needs of the business.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds and frequently required to talk and/or hear. The employee is constantly required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle or lift items and/or drive a golf cart. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as but not limited to: preparing and analyzing data and figures, visual inspection involving property maintenance, hazards and safety violations, and/or operation of machines or golf carts (including inspection).
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Employee engagement activities and recognition events
- Years of Service awards
- Variety of benefits coverage options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays