Dunblane New Golf Club is a well-presented parkland golf course set in the Cathedral city of Dunblane, Central Scotland. Located just off the A9 and 5 minutes walk from a busy train station, it is very accessible from Stirlingshire, Perth & Kinross, Clackmannanshire and other surrounding areas. The club has recently invested in a brand new John Deere fleet deal worth nearly £500,000. 2023 is the clubs centenary year and there are lots of exciting competitions to prepare for including a Scottish Golf Championship Final.
Working alongside the Course Manager, the successful applicant will be heavily involved in preparing work schedules, deputising in his absence, undertaking general mowing and strimming duties, bunker maintenance, course improvement programs and assisting with numerous exciting course projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of NVQ/SVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf Management (or equivalent)
- Hold Pa1, Pa2 & Pa6
- Ideally hold a chainsaw license
- Good understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
- A good understanding of machinery operation
- Flexible, organised with a hands-on approach and a good team player
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of modern turf machinery
The successful applicant will have an eye for detail, be self-motivated and be able to deliver the high standards expected by the club
This is a physically demanding role which requires working outdoors in all weather conditions with rostered weekend shifts
We also have a range of benefits for the successful candidate:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- 30 days annual leave (includes bank holidays)
- BIGGA Membership
- Additional Training Available
- Discounted Golf Membership
If you feel you have what it takes to succeed in this position, then please apply now with your CV and Cover Letter.