Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Mountain Falls Golf Club in Pahrump, NV is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Golf Course Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the golf club managed by OB Sports/Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the Golf Course Superintendent:
• Prepares and maintains the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans.
• Plans, organizes and directs the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
• Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants
• Ensures that maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
• Procures supplies and materials within budgetary limitations.
• Keeps record of annual maintenance activities and costs. Prepares reports.
• Implements sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
• Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
• Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
• Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
• Ensures that they and all associates obtain proper training and/or licenses needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
• Ensures proper mixing, calibration, and application of all chemical/fertilizers used on the course.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Superintendent, 2nd Assistant Superintendent, Head Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Golf Course Superintendent:
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Possesses Pesticide License.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...