This job is archived
The Superintendent is an integral member of the property&rsquos management team and oversees the maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and adjacent grounds, including the clubhouse landscaping and maintenance. The above responsibilities also include overseeing the repair and maintenance of all golf course related equipment.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years turf grass management experience required
- Supervisory, coaching and staff development experience required
- A four-year college degree preferred, but not required
- GCSAA Member preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense management
- Knowledge of local, federal, and state laws and regulations affecting management of golf course operations
- Must have a strong business aptitude and passion for the golf business
- Must Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be have basic computer skills, Word and Excel
- Maintains all grounds including the golf course, clubhouse surrounds and other maintainable property
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing and chemical applications, and other care of turf, plants, shrubs and trees on the golf course and clubhouse surrounds
- Hires, supervises and develops Assistant Superintendent, foreman, irrigation technician and other employees in the maintenance department
- Informs members about present and future maintenance activities
- Coordinates scheduling of all personnel assigned to the department
- Communicates frequently with the General Manger and Director of Maintenance to discuss activities, goals, plans and member/customer feedback.
- Prepares and manages annual budget plan for the golf course maintenance operation on an annual basis
- Maintains inventory and oversees all repairs and scheduled maintenance of all golf course maintenance equipment
- Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees of the maintenance department
- Supervises maintenance and operation of drainage, irrigation and other mechanical watering systems
- Develops chemical and fertilizing plan on an annual basis
- Ensures that the golf course is providing healthy and high quality playing conditions for guests of the property
- Prepares and maintains all recordkeeping for maintenance department (i.e. Human Resource files, inventory files, fertilization and chemical application logs
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is often required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
- They will occasionally be required to balance, stoop, twist upper body, kneel, and climb.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, pollen, dust, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards.
- Noise level is typically moderate to loud
- Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
- Work weekends and holidays