This job is archived
- Prepares and maintains the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans.
- Plans, organizes and directs the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
- Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants
- Ensures that maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
- Procures supplies and materials within budgetary limitations.
- Keeps record of annual maintenance activities and costs. Prepares reports.
- Implements sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
- Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
- Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
- Ensures that they and all associates obtain proper training and/or licenses needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
- Ensures proper mixing, calibration, and application of all chemical/fertilizers used on the course.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Superintendent, 2nd Assistant Superintendent, Head Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Associate&rsquos degree (AA or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two to five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science.
- Must have a valid Driver&rsquos License.
- Possesses Pesticide License.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Salary range of $75-90K Based on Experience