Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
The Clubs at St. James in Southport, NC is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of hourly 2nd Assistant Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the 2nd Assistant Superintendent:
• Performs routine safety inspections on all spraying and fertilizer equipment.
• Reads, understands and keeps current up-to-date material safety data sheets (MSDS).
• Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with governmental regulations.
• Responsible for ensuring the safety and direction of chemical/fertilizer handlers and/or helpers.
• Maintains log of applications and files related reports.
• Responsible for hand spraying and maintaining proper mixing amounts and application techniques.
• Keeps up-to-date in knowledge of chemicals/fertilizers that are being applied.
• Ensures proper calibration of all spraying/fertilizing equipment.
• Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
• Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
• Ensures associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
• Assists with interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Environmental Technician.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the 2nd Assistant Superintendent:
• Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from four or two-year college or technical school; three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Must have a valid pesticide application license.
• Regularly works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and works near moving mechanical parts.
• Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions.
• Regularly wears safety equipment that covers the entire body and may trap body heat and moisture.
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Pre-paid Legal
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...