Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Gadsden Country Club in Gadsden, Alabama is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
We are looking for an assistant superintendent to join our team at Gadsden Country Club. We would like someone with a minimum of an associate's degree. We want someone who has high expectations of themselves and a desire to become a golf course superintendent.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Superintendent:
• Works with the Superintendent to ensure that annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
• Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
• Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and sometimes construction of related golf course features.
• Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing turf, horticultural and ornamental features.
• Understanding of basic equipment maintenance.
• Assists in maintenance and control of irrigation system.
• Assists in procurement of supplies and materials within budget, using preferred vendors when possible.
• Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs, assists with the preparation of required reports.
• Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Assists in management of department members, ensures that associates obtain appropriate licensing, and incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Works to maintain cooperation with other departments on property.
• Motivated to provide quality conditions and superior guest services for all members and club guests.
Minimum Qualifications for Assistant Superintendent:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, plant or Soil Science preferred. Should have previous experience training and supervision.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Be able to obtain State Pesticide Applicators License
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...