Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Assistant Superintendent
Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Assistant Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Superintendent:
• Works with the Superintendent to ensure that the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
• Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
• Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
• Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
• Ensures that construction equipment is properly maintained.
• Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials and ensures costs remain within budgetary limitations.
• Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs and assists with the preparation of required prepares reports.
• Follows sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
• Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
• Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
• Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
• Ensures associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Assistant Superintendent:
• Associate’s degree (AA), Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant or soil science or related field preferred. two to three years Assistant Superintendent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Minimum of two years experience preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...