This job is archived
BallenIsles Country Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of 2nd Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality, highly detailed oriented and fast paced environment.
Key Responsibilities of the 2nd Assistant Superintendent:
- Performs routine safety inspections on all spraying and fertilizer equipment.
- Reads, understands and keeps current up-to-date material safety data sheets (MSDS.
- Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and direction of chemical/fertilizer handlers and/or helpers.
- Maintains log of applications and files related reports.
- Responsible for hand spraying and maintaining proper mixing amounts and application techniques.
- Keeps up-to-date in knowledge of chemicals/fertilizers that are being applied.
- Ensures proper calibration of all spraying/fertilizing equipment.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
- Ensures associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations.
- Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Environmental Technician.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate.  Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the 2nd Assistant Superintendent:
- Bachelor&rsquos degree, Associate&rsquos degree (AA or equivalent from four or two-year college or technical school three to four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science.
- Must have a valid Driver&rsquos License.
- Must have a valid pesticide application license.
- Regularly works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather and works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Regularly wears safety equipment that covers the entire body and may trap body heat and moisture.
- Based on Experience
Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world&rsquos largest professional club management company. We offer careers around the world at all levels of golf operations, opportunities for professional development, growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Our goal is to create extraordinary guest and member experiences through personalized service, consistency, and uncompromising attention to detail. For more information about the Troon Experience, please visit https://www.troon.com/.