This job is archived
The history of Walton Heath is exceptional with two fabulous heathland courses both in the top 100 in U.K & I. The two, world-class, championship courses have hosted nearly a hundred significant amateur and professional championships and events, including five European Opens, The Ryder Cup, U.S. Open Qualifying, Senior Open Championship, and British Masters. We have been confirmed as the venue for The AIG Women’s Open 2023.
We are looking for ambitious individuals to join our Greenkeeping team as an ‘Assistant Greenkeeper’.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for their chosen career and be motivated to work to the highest standards.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Experience as an Assistant Greenkeeper
- A positive attitude
- A commitment to all aspects of their professional development with an interest in golf.
The role would suit an individual that wants to gain experience working on a prestigious heathland site with tournaments.
Hours of work:
- The role is based on 40 hours per week plus additional paid overtime to cover weekends, maintenance weeks, and tournament preparation. Flexibility around the needs of the business is a pre-requisite.
Salary & benefits:
- Total package value circa £28k which will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- Accommodation is available with this role
- Regular overtime earning potential with Time & ½ / Double time overtime rates.
- Annual bonus and salary review schemes.
- 5% pension contribution.
- 28 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays).
- Educational opportunities.
- Uniform & PPE.
- Lunch on duty.
- The opportunity to play the Courses.
How to apply:
- Please click ‘Apply’ attaching your covering letter and C.V. Or contact Golf Jobs for further information – [Register to View] [Register to View]
- Applications should be submitted by 4th October
(*If the club feel they have found the right applicant, they may appoint prior to the application deadline. As such, please make your application as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this excellent opportunity*)