This job is archived
Haggs Castle Golf Club have a vacancy for a qualified assistant greenkeeper to join our professional and enthusiastic greenkeeping team. Haggs Castle has a reputation as one of Glasgow’s finest courses and regularly plays host to prestigious events. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual who wishes to further develop their skills in greenkeeping.
The successful applicant will have a proven ability as an assistant greenkeeper and be able to work within a strong team as well as bring able to work on their own.
The successful candidate should also display the following: -
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong attention to detail and pride in their work
- Display a positive, problem-solving attitude at all times
- Committed to personal development
- Good attendance and time-keeping record
- Work proactively in order to provide feedback on issues and suggesting enhancements
The successful candidate must have attained the following qualifications/experience as a minimum: -
- SVQ Level 2 however Level 3 is preferable.
- PA1 + 6 spraying certificates however PA2 is preferable
- Minimum 2 years greenkeeping experience however 3 is preferable.
- Up to date experience working with modern machinery and proper maintenance of machinery
- A strong knowledge of Health and Safety requirements relating to greenkeeping
- Chainsaw handling certificate
A competitive package is on offer to the successful candidate in line with experience. This includes a competitive salary, 28 days annual leave, use of the golf course and all uniform provided.
If you would like to apply for this position click APPLY NOW.