Woodcote Park Golf Club is looking to hire an Assistant Greenkeeper to join their greens team. The mature parkland course was designed by the late great Harry Vardon and measures 6,814 yards, making it one of the longer courses in the county.
The club is located between Purley and Coulsdon and is easily accessible from the M25 and Central London. The Club is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Greenkeeper with good communication skills, the ability to work both individually & as part of the team.
Working under the direction of the Course Manager or his Deputy, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the course and practice facilities are maintained to a first-class playing condition as well as assisting with numerous exciting course projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Minimum of NVQ/SVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf Management (or equivalent)
- Good understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
- A good understanding of machinery operation
- Flexible, organised with a hands-on approach and a good team player
- Good knowledge of modern turf machinery
The successful applicant will have an eye for detail, be self-motivated and be able to deliver the high standards expected by the club.
This is a physically demanding role that requires working outdoors in all weather conditions with rostered weekend shifts.
We also have a range of benefits for the successful candidate:
- Competitive Salary
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- 28 days annual leave (includes bank holidays)
- BIGGA Membership
- Additional Training Available
- Playing rights at off-peak times
- Subsidised meals from the bar menu
If you feel you have what it takes to succeed in this position, then please APPLY NOW.