This job is archived
Haverfordwest Golf Club has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic assistant green keeper to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in turf management particularly the golf industry and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
We are an established parkland course with views overlooking the Preseli Mountains.
This is a friendly members club and we welcome all golfers, from “new to golf” to the more experienced players. We are located just outside Haverfordwest just off the main A40.
The successful candidate must have ability to work alongside the Head Greenkeeper in a team environment whilst at the same time being able to work on their own with the aim of both maintaining and improving the golf course to ensure the high standard is upheld
The role is permanent and full-time. Working closely with the Head Greenkeeper and Chairman of Greens, you will be involved in helping to make sure the course is presented to our members and guests in the best possible condition, you will also play a role in any future projects and improvements.
- Skilled in turf maintenance is essential
- Good communication and leadership skills, with ability to take on role of head green keeper in any absence.
- Communication at all levels is essential
- 5-day week must be flexible with hours -Saturday /Sunday working required
- Understand the need to help prepare a course to a high standard and paying particular attention to detail.
- Be able to use a wide variety of course machinery and maintain accordingly
- To follow health and safety and security protocols within the workplace.
- Have the ability to work within set budgets.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS
- NVQ level 3 in Green keeping and sports turf management.
- Spraying certificates PA1, PA2 and PA6 and chainsaw certificate CS30/31 are desirable.
- First Aid training.
- Ability to help with renovation, drainage projects and construction works.
- Salary dependant on experience and qualifications
- Paid Overtime
- Pension Scheme
- 20 paid days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Outdoor Clothing & Boot Allowance
- Flexible Working Hours
Application deadline: 23/8/22
If you would like to become part of our team, please click the APPLY NOW button.