This job is archived
Falkirk Tryst Golf club are looking for a passionate and driven assistant greenkeeper to work along with and fit into our current greenkeeping team. It presents an excellent opportunity for the individual to develop their skills and further their career within the industry.
You should have a proven ability as an assistant greenkeeper and be able to work under pressure and respond proactively to the varied requirements of a busy golf club. The successful candidate will need to show a keen eye for detail, have an excellent work ethic, show passion and drive to better themselves and grow within the team. You will report directly to the Head Greenkeeper. Weekend work is essential and done on a rota system. The ability to work alone and along with others while showing leadership is required.
Formed in 1885 the club continue to invest on course construction and new machinery which allows us the opportunity to show a high level of presentation and challenge the golfers that play our course. We are a private members club with easy links to the motorway system travelling East and West.
Preferred skills/requirements are as follows;
- SVQ level 2 as a minimum level 3 preferred.
- Spraying certificates preferred.
- Minimum 2 years greenkeeping experience.
- Knowledge of modern machinery and hands on experience in its maintenance.
- A good knowledge of health and safety in greenkeeping is a must.
- An interest in golf and a playing handicap would be preferred.
- Chainsaw certificate but not essential.
- £21500 + OT
- Company pension
- 28 days holiday per year
- Club membership