Essential Functions of the Job
- Collaboratively develops concept & schematic designs with responsibility for the preparation of presentation drawings, models, and narratives
- Refines concepts with regard to layout, grading plans, and planting plans
- Completes concept drawings and graphic work for internal concept designs
- Creates and modifies CAD files as necessary
- Integrates landscape and planning elements into a unified design
- Participates in design and project meetings
- Works in collaborative integrated teams of professionals that include civil engineers, architects, building systems engineers, and planners and communicates information to the Planning & Development Manager/Supervisor
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides design and technical input on all project stages
- Creates graphics and modeling of ANGC projects
- Assists nursery with ANGC landscape design and reviews landscape installation in both renovated spaces and new construction areas.
- Assists with project field checks
- Collects photo documentation of projects and archives those photos
- Travels as needed to broaden experience, collect data, or continuing education
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Experienced with CAD Software operations; knowledge of Revit/BIM and/or Civil3D preferred
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, or similar modeling software programs
- Working knowledge of printers, plotters, and scanners
- Reasonable working knowledge of GPS, GIS, and surveying technology and the ability to integrate outside surveying work into ANGC master files
- Ability to read architectural and civil plans and understand graphic scales and drawing types
- Ability to take field measurements and produce basic plan as-builts
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; can communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrates a high level of creativity, innovative thinking, and problem-solving
- Demonstrates a professional work ethic
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Architecture or related discipline preferred
- Entry-level position (0 -2 years experience)
- Familiarity with the golf course environment and the game of golf is preferred but not required
Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
Positions at Augusta National Golf Club require a COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who are offered a position will be asked their vaccination status which will be considered in accordance with applicable law.
Projected Work Schedule:
Normal work hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as dictated by the needs of the business.
This position is occasionally required to move and carry up to 50 pounds with moderate bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. There are required intervals of walking, standing, stair climbing, and sitting during the day. Equipment used includes, but is not limited to: computer, printer, scanner, plotter, copier, two-way radio system, phone system, GPS equipment, and golf cart.
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Employee engagement activities and recognition events
- Years of Service awards
- Variety of benefits coverage options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
*Based upon employee eligibility