The Culinary Manager at BigShots Golf is responsible to drive game-changing culinary operations of BigShots Golf by living and role modeling the Manifesto and Core values. The Culinary Manager will inspire, engage, motivate and develop the Assistant Culinary Manager and culinary Team Members to provide an outstanding culinary experience for our Guest and Team Member by creating unexpected memories.
The Culinary Manager will be responsible for the culinary Teams, but will also have the responsibility to run the full “Eatertainment” venue and will need to have the availability to work day, night, and weekend shifts. They will also be responsible for overseeing specific business functions such as inventory, equipment maintenance, and technology. This additionally includes, but is not limited to proper staffing, scheduling, operational activities, community relationships, special events, and golf experience.
- Supervise the Assistant Culinary Manager and Team Members to provide over-the-top memorable experiences with food
- Inspire, engage, and connect with Managers, Team Members, and Guests
- Demonstrate the core values of Always Bring the Fun, Be Bold Everyday, Live & Breathe Gratitude, Serve Our Community, Keep the Grit, and Include Everyone
- Coach and develop Team members in department
- Delegate responsibilities; validate completion
- Maintain operating standards, including safety and sanitation
- Excellent food and restaurant equipment knowledge
- Ability to add value to the overall Team; be a Team player and perform additional tasks when needed
- Leverage business trends, metrics, and reports to drive performance
- Create unexpected memories for the Team and Guests; validate through interactions
The Culinary Manager will work with the guidance of the Operations Director, but is expected to take their own initiative, guided by the Manifesto and Core Values. There is a need for strong communication and the continued maintenance of relationships with all Managers, Team Members, vendors, and Guests.
- Minimum of 5 years restaurant, culinary, or hotel/ hospitality management
- Experience leading a kitchen including inventory and equipment management
- Experience running high-volume, restaurant or hotel environment
- High School diploma or equivalent; hospitality or business degree preferred
- Strong communication (verbal, written)
- Strong time-management, organization, and follow-through
- Strong decision-making skills
- Self-motivated with high self-awareness and integrity
- Ability to pivot and drive change
- Openly receives feedback and coaching, and reacts accordingly
- Availability to work varied shifts, including holidays, nights, and weekends
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, including up and down stairs
- Ability to obtain required local, state, and federal licenses and/or certificates for your business location
BigShots Golf will provide the following:
- Salary Base: $65k- $85k (based on education and experience)
- Bonus Potential: up to 10% of base salary
- Medical benefits including vision and dental
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and personal leave
We exist because we believe no one should have to settle when deciding where to go out for family fun—that we all crave to unleash that younger version of ourselves. We are obsessed with our scratch kitchens that bring bold flavor and unexpected items. We want to show that playing the game of golf should be fun and approachable for everyone through cutting edge technology and an amazing atmosphere.
Most of all, we believe our people are our most valued asset, the heart and soul who inject life into our brand. We believe that WE is bigger than ME—that the next big idea can come from anyone and any level. We are rooted in golf, but our passion is centered around creating exceptional and unexpected experiences that bring people together.
Because being a BigShot isn’t about the highest score—it’s about living in the moment and creating unexpected memories that you will want to hurry back to, time and time again.