Westchester Hills Golf Club in White Plains, NY is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Director of Culinary Operations. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Responsible for all facets of multi-unit facility Food and Beverage Kitchen departments including staffing, menu planning, ordering, vendor monitoring, food production, inventory, catering and budgeting.
• Manages all major Food and Beverage Kitchen operating expenses, set margins and manages against projections.
• Meets and leads regular scheduled meetings with Culinary direct reports
• Creates theme menus, ideas for ice sculptures, decorations, banquets and special events.
• Directs ordering amounts, inventory levels, timing of orders, receiving, invoice settling, and equipment maintenance.
• Implements and reviews Troon F&B Checkbook with facility Culinary leader for each Culinary facility.
• Interacts daily with other department members that may include, but is not limited to: Director of Food and Beverage, Director Service Operations, Restaurant Manager, Catering Manager.
• Implements and or reinforces the satisfactory use of a F&B Culinary centric software program such as our approved EZChef program for all facilities
• Inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products in order to maintain the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
• Maintains quality of food products and ensures consistency in food delivery and standards.
• Measures effectiveness of the Food and Beverage Kitchen department through the Food and Beverage profit and service performance of the facility.
• Creates recipes and support materials, such as recipe cards, descriptions, and pictures.
• Ensures that a quality sanitation program is followed throughout the Kitchen operation.
• Ensures proper monitoring of storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products to comply with Health Department regulations.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Chefs, Cooks, and Stewards.
• Assures that effective orientation and Troon F&B Certification training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of labor, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service by collaborating with front of house management and associates to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or five years’ Executive Chef experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Food Safety and Applicable Sanitation Training
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job
• Proficient in Food and beverage related computer software and all Microsoft Office application software.