An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and adaptable Golf Operations Manager to join the team at Farleigh Golf Club near Croydon.
Reporting to the General Manager and supported by a small team of golf shop and golf services colleagues you will be responsible for the day to day management of our golf operation including the retail operation, all outside golf services, locker rooms, tournament and event management, golf specific sales and marketing and maintaining excellent member relations.
As Golf Operations Manager you will work closely with our Head Teaching Professional to ensure the front of house day-to-day golf operation runs to the highest standard and that members and guests have a fantastic golf experience; friendly staff, well-maintained equipment and well organised events. You will help drive sales in the golf shop using your expertise to maximise profitability of both our own and branded goods.
As a Head of Department you will develop, implement and coordinate projects and have a strong front of house presence, interacting with our members and guests to ensure we deliver on our promise that ‘you will leave feeling better than when you arrived’.
Set in a 350 acre estate on the North Surrey Downs, there is an informal and welcoming feel at Farleigh Golf Club, with 27 Championship-standard holes and three 18-hole courses providing a memorable and diverse challenge for all golfers. Farleigh is a busy place but it isn’t all about golf. Our popular bar, restaurant and lounge is great for a relaxed brunch, lunch or afternoon tea, and four function rooms are perfect for weddings, meetings and events.
What really sets us apart is the warm, personal service our team deliver. Our mission is that you will leave feeling better than when you arrived and we can’t achieve this without the team who put fantastic customer service at the heart of everything they do.
The role is 40 hours per week, on a 5 days out of 7 basis, including weekends and bank holidays, however a degree of flexibility will be required from time to time in support of the business.
Our Ideal Applicant:
- Prior golf retail and managerial experience
- Organised and dynamic team player who is passionate about golf, coaching and retail
- Strong communication skills
- Warm, friendly and enthusiastic personality
- Organised, adaptable with good attention to detail
- High standard of personal presentation
- Excellent standards of written and spoken English
- Complimentary club membership for you and your family (qualifying period applies) at Farleigh and our sister property Foxhills near Woking.
- 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
- Subsidised staff meals
- Recommend a Friend’ incentives
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
To apply to this role, please click, APPLY now.