Founded in 1910, Old Fold Manor is one of Hertfordshire’s finest golf courses, having hosted many top events including the regional qualifiers for The Open. The club are also host to this year’s ‘Hertfordshire County Championship Qualifier’ and the ‘English PGA Championship - East’.
Designed by Harry Colt our course sits inside the M25 on the very outskirts of London and has excellent practice facilities including a new driving range and 3-hole academy course. In addition, there are the usual putting green and short game practice areas.
To support these facilities, we have a powerful Pro/Teaching Team:
- Our PGA Head Pro Glen Portelli is one of the top pros in Hertfordshire.
- Beth Scott our Junior Development Coach has created a vibrant Junior section in the short time she has been with us. As such, the club are set to hold a successful Junior Open in July.
- Carl Parker is a Tour Level Custom fitter
- James Jankowski our Putting Coach teaches professionals and amateurs alike.
This is without doubt the strongest team in the county and offers our members and guests real benefits.
We are a forward thinking, progressive club looking for an exceptional manager to help lay the foundations for the next chapter of the club’s future. Club management, hospitality and administration experience is essential. This could be a great move for an ambitious individual looking to further their golf club management career.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The successful implementation of the Club’s strategy. A particular focus will be to drive income growth from the Club’s bar and catering facilities.
- Drive increasing member satisfaction through strong customer focus, continuously seeking ways to improve the experience for members and guests.
- Prudent financial management of all operational costs for the Club
- Build effective harmonious relationships across the golf club with staff, Board, volunteers and members to deliver high quality results.
- Effective marketing of the Club both internally and externally using all communication channels including social media.
Ideal Candidate Experience:
- Previous operational experience working in hospitality and ideally a golf club.
- Strong leadership, diplomacy and communication skills
- Customer service and relationship management experience, including food and beverage knowledge.
- A commercial mindset and understanding of delivering customer value propositions.
- Has a passion for the game of golf and keen eye for the industry
Ideal Candidate Qualifications/Knowledge:
- A – Levels and GCSE Maths and English
- Relevant Degree qualification
- GCMA or other recognised golf/club management qualification
- Good knowledge of relevant IT applications
- Salary £35,000 (DOE)
- Golf Club Membership
- Reduced prices on food and beverages
- 40 hours per week.
- Standard workdays will be Monday to Sunday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
(Presence at the weekend will be required on a rota basis with the Golf Operations Manager).
- There will also be a need to attend evening meetings and events as required.
To apply to this position please click APPLY now.