Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
This role is integral to the Operations Finance team through the maintenance of standard costs and support with monthly forecasts and reporting. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for gathering and providing necessary data to assist management with basic analysis with the goal of fact-based decision making. Responsibilities may also include acting as a partner with functional business area management in setting, measuring and attaining financial related goals and objectives
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial results and provide variance analysis to key partners
- Prepare GL entries and account reconciliations
- Create and maintaining material standard costs
- Assist management with the development of the annual operating plan and monthly forecasts
- Gain a thorough understanding of the business segments, products and KPIs to provide support and reporting capabilities to the organization
- Create templates and spreadsheets to facilitate and analyze data, as well as, prepare data for presentations
- Input of Budget and Forecast data into planning tools
- Improve capabilities for better reporting, forecasting and analysis
- Assist in developing and documenting departments major processes
- Analyze company operations to provide information to management in the ongoing efforts to streamline and become more profitable
- Develops financial measures related to various internal projects
- Other duties and ad hoc reporting and analysis as assigned
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Able to extract pertinent data from ERP system to support above duties.
- Must be a self starter/team player
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of BW/BPS reporting system
- Basic knowledge of SAP
- Basic understanding of information system logic
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum 2 to 4 years&rsquo experience as an analyst in a large corporate environment
- Previous Finance experience in a manufacturing/distribution related company, preferred
- Experience in the consumer products industry, preferred
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.