Essential Functions of the Job
- Observe receiving and distribution logistics, and the science behind specific product flow and warehouse space planning.
- Execute the approved delivery schedule and study how it impacts other aspects of the department, such as warehouse storage space, sales floor set-up, and labor schedules.
- Work with the warehouse team to understand the processes involved in both domestic freight and international freight forwarding and importing.
- Receive inbound shipments both international and domestic into the distribution center warehouse
- Distribute merchandise to appropriate locations from distribution center warehouse to sales facilities
- Take part in cycle counts and other inventory activities to develop a better understanding of the inventory management process.
- Learn the proper method for transferring inventory within the back-office software system.
- Learn to produce balancing reports that aid in the strategic planning for Tournament inventory logistics.
- Assist with resupply of sales floor from warehouse environments
- Assist in the development and execution of Tournament Set-Up bubble plans and planograms, studying relationships between product placement and patron traffic flow patterns.
- Assist with merchandising decisions for product placement
- Participate in developing product displays and merchandising.
- Assist with the development of Space Study Analysis Reports.
- Observe and assist in the execution of Tournament Operations related to the product movement logistics among facilities during the Tournament.
- Observe and assist in the execution of speed-to-floor logistics involved in providing on-shelf availability of products.
- Observe and assist in the execution of mid-week merchandising decisions that maximize sales.
- Take part in conduction of pre-inventory counts, learning proper use of related hardware and software.
- Study the use of inventory adjustments related to interdepartmental requisitions and obsolete inventory removal from inventory.
- Assist in a wide variety of tasks and projects related to receiving and logistics management, event merchandising preparation and operations, and reporting and analysis techniques.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Experiences will include strategic planning methods and best practice procedures related to both the retail industry and event merchandising, providing a solid foundation of valuable career-oriented skills and techniques in areas such as supply chain management, procurement of merchandise, warehousing and logistics, retail facility planning, and event operations
- Vendor relationships and follow-up
- Time management and prioritization
- Tournament Preparations projects
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Publisher, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Planning, prioritizing and time management skills to meet deadlines while working with multiple projects
- Efficient organizational skills
- Creative, resourceful, and diligent in working with repetitious job tasks
- High attention for detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Participation in a Bachelors program, preferably in Business, Merchandising, Logistics, or a PGM program at an accredited university
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program