Golf Operations Manager
Farleigh Golf Club
Farleigh, Surrey, United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and adaptable Golf Sales Manager to join the team at Farleigh Golf Club near Croydon.
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for the overall Golf Shop, retail and member arrivals into the club.
Set in a 350-acre estate on the North Surrey Downs, there is an informal and welcoming feel at Farleigh Golf Club, with 27 Championship-standard holes and three 18-hole courses providing a memorable and diverse challenge for all golfers. Farleigh is a busy place, but it isn’t all about golf. Our popular bar, restaurant and lounge is great for a relaxed brunch, lunch, or afternoon tea, and four function rooms are perfect for weddings, meetings, and events.
What really sets us apart is the warm, personal service our team deliver. Our mission is that you will leave feeling better than when you arrived, and we can’t achieve this without the team who put fantastic customer service at the heart of everything they do.
Department Golf Shop
Reports to General Manager
Responsible for Golf services and Golf shop teamsRole objective To ensure that guests, club members and VIP’s receive a warm, friendly welcome to the golf courses and clubhouse facilities, where ‘nothing is too much trouble’ and excellent customer service is experienced throughout their visit. Whilst golf operations will vary, areas of responsibility will include the retail operation, locker rooms, all outside golf services, tournament and event management, golf specific sales and marketing and maintaining excellent member relations.
The key drivers of the role are outlined below.
- Ensuring 1st class operational standards in line with 59 Club criteria
- Membership retention
- Motivate and measure staff performance
- Lead generation
- Data collection
Operate within the assigned budget to achieve targets previously agreed with by the General Manager to:
· Provide a highly desirable golf retail outlet in a profitable and efficient manner.
· Search out efficient working practices that will improve the golf and the golf retail experience and implement them with the agreement of the General Manager.
Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of working practices that will ensure the retail operation is a high quality, customer focused experience. This will include but not limited to:
· taking and changing tee bookings
· checking in golfers
· buggy hire
· club hire
· recording and reconciliation of rounds
· participation in the smooth running of golfing or other events Farleigh
· collection of customer data
· Ensure that the department is adequately staffed at all times and that all salaries, payroll, overtime, bonuses and employee expenses are approved by the General Manager before being passed onto Human Resources.
· Recruit, select, develop and motivate team members to deliver the best possible customer experience. Carry out appraisals and liaise with the HR team to address any performance concerns if required.
· Work as part of the wider Farleigh team to support a successful operation overall.
· Prepare business performance reports for sales, expenses, stock turn and other measurements throughout the year. Monitor performance against the assigned targets and propose actions to correct significant deviance.
· Ensure that all stock items are ordered correctly using purchase orders, and received into stock promptly, correctly priced, stored and displayed in a timely manner and appropriate stock levels maintained at all times.
· Prepare seasonal promotions and sales for the approval of the General Manager.
· Arrange and perform an annual third party stock take, quarterly in house stock takes and regular stock checks, to ensure stock is well managed.
· Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for sales, margins operating cost and purchasing
· Monitor performance against the assigned targets and propose actions to correct significant deviance.
· Manage, marshal and start all golfers across all 27 holes at Farleigh.
· Regularly patrol all golf courses to ensure each player is valid to play on that day.
· Ensure the changing rooms, shoe cleaner are kept clean and operating correctly and towels are replenished daily.
· Ensure that any directional signage, banners or nearest the pin/longest drive markers for golf days/events are put out in the required places.
· Manage and maintain the driving range including the collection of range balls.
· Ensure the buggy and trolley fleets are kept clean and in good working order ready for each day. Any required repairs to be priced and then authorised by the General Manager.
· Speak with every guest in a professional and courteous manner whilst striving to ensure that every guest leaves Farleigh feeling better than when they arrived.
· Assume overall responsibility for management, both on the day and in the lead up to, large member and external golf events and competitions. This includes, but not limited to, pre-event courtesy call, managing golfer registration on the day of play, scoring and event management using our tournament management software, Golf Genius.
· Always communicate with internal and external customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
· To maintain a professional standard of dress and appearance, in line with company standards.
· Maintain a safe, clean and tidy work area.
· Recruitment, training and development of all new and existing members of staff.
· To adhere to all statutory requirements regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene.
· To attend any training sessions as requested and adhere to company policies.
· Support colleagues in delivering a high standard of customer service.
· Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by the management team.
· Promote Farleigh and the Foxhills Collection in a positive light at every opportunity.