This job is archived
The Fountaingrove Club is a member-owned country club with a full suite of amenities, situated in Santa Rosa, California.  Renowned for its quality course conditions, TFC boasts a preeminently conditioned golf course, a new contemporary and modern clubhouse fit for any occasion, relevant practice facilities, tennis, an athletic facility and resort-style pool.
The General Manager/COO is hired by and reports to the Board of Directors (the Board and Troon, and is responsible for managing all aspects of the Club&rsquos operations. The General Manager/COO will be held accountable for all areas including the member experience, the Club&rsquos brand, its facilities, while ensuring synergy between all Club activities and stakeholders. He/She takes the lead on all operational matters which enables the Board to focus on long-term strategies and perform its Club governance duties.
The characteristics and key attributes of a successful GM/COO include goal orientation, initiative, vitality, ego strength, time competency plus honesty, straightforwardness, integrity, accountability, leadership and dedication. He/She must demonstrate superior interpersonal relations skills, be a good communicator, be administratively competent and be able to communicate the Club's vision, especially as it relates to sustaining relevant, contemporary facilities with best in market quality. The ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders including strong willed Board members and other Club volunteers is essential. Experience in working with stakeholder and/or management company resources and support is preferred.
The GM/COO is supported by Troon in a collaborative partnership with the Board in achieving the Club's mission.
The GM/COO, with its team, delivers outstanding member experiences consistent with the vision of the Club.  The GM/COO oversees all programs, services and activities to ensure that this and other objectives are met.
The GM/COO sets and maintains high standards for all facilities&rsquo cleanliness and maintenance, services and communications.
The GM/COO drives the design and implementation of long and short-term objectives, financial reports and prepares the financial plan for the Club.
The GM/COO sets the standard for effective management, maintaining a high level of ethics, prudence, creativity, productivity and demonstrates a concern for the supervision and development of the staff.
The GM/COO has ALL club department heads reporting to him/her. He/She will assume or delegate the duties and responsibilities of the department heads if they are absent or disabled.
The GM/COO, supported by Troon, apprises the Board of regional and national trends, changing circumstances and unexpected occurrences that could call for innovation or adaptation of the Club&rsquos strategic plan. The GM/COO keeps the Board apprised of the organizational climate, identifying problems either actual or anticipated, communicates with the Directors, and offers consultative assistance from Troon as well.
The GM/COO will complete all responsibilities and duties as prescribed in the bylaws of the Club and perform other duties as directed by the Board.
The GM/COO maintains a comprehensive knowledge of operational procedures and principles used throughout the Club and takes responsibility in developing, maintaining and documenting consistent procedures.
As General Manager and Chief Operating Officer, manages all aspects of the Club including the member experience, the Club&rsquos brand, the maintenance of its facilities, while ensuring synergy between all Club activities builds consensus amongst its constituents to include the Board, members, guests, employees, community, government and industry coordinates and administers the Club's policies as defined by its bylaws and the Board. Supported by Troon, develops operating policies and procedures and directs the work of all department managers. Implements and monitors the budget (operating and capital, monitors the quality of the Club's products and services and ensures maximum member, guest and staff satisfaction. Secures and protects the Club's assets, including facilities and equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops of the Club&rsquos long-range and annual (business plans.
- Develops, maintains and administers a sound organizational plan initiates improvements as necessary.
- Manages the marketing and membership relations programs to achieve the Club's annual membership sales goals including the pursuit of best in market conditions and services.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of all the Club's physical assets and facilities and upholds quality and standards consistent with a relevant and vibrant Club.
- Properly manages all aspects of the Club's activities to ensure and maintain the quality of products and services provided by the Club including food, beverage, sports and recreation, entertainment and other Club services.
- Supported by Troon Human Resources, establishes Troon personnel policy initiates and monitors policies relating to personnel actions and training and professional development programs.
- Development of operating and capital budgets according to the budget calendar monitors monthly and other financial statements for the Club takes effective corrective action as required.
- Supports, mentors and leads the management team and serves as ex-officio member of appropriate Club committees.
- Supported by Troon&rsquos Design & Development resources, direct management team about construction, alterations, maintenance, materials, supplies, equipment and services as needed and/or not currently provided in approved plans and/or budgets.
- Consistently ensures that the Club is operated in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws. Maintains relations with police, fire, liquor control board, health department and other governmental agencies.
- Analyzes financial statements, manages cash flow and establishes controls to safeguard funds. Reviews income and costs relative to goals takes corrective action as necessary.
- Directs meetings of the Club's Board on operation and strategic plan progress.
- Participates in outside activities that are judged as appropriate and approved by the Board to enhance the brand and reputation of the Club broadens the scope of the Club's operation by fulfilling the public obligations of the Club as a participating member of the community.
- Maintains membership with the Club Managers Association of America and/or the PGA of America and other professional associations. Attends conferences, workshops and meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments in the field.
- Has ultimate authority over inter-departmental matters and implements policies concerning employee employer relations.
- Performs other duties as directed by the President or Board.
The Board and Troon&rsquos Senior Vice President, Operations.
Food and Beverage Director Controller Membership Sales Director Head Professional Golf Course Superintendent Fitness Director, Tennis Professional and Communications Coordinator.
Bachelor&rsquos degree (BA from four-year College or University 7-10 years direct experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. CMAA or PGA certification preferred.
At least 7 years in leadership positions in the hospitality industry, preferably in similar club setting.  Demonstrates ability to manage a business including sales, brand management, service and operations with a can-do attitude.