Harrison Meadows Country Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of
Head Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon. Set to open in April 2022 Harrison Meadows is looking for highly motivated candidates to help with the club set up and opening.
Candidates will be expected to oversee and maintain all facets of the golf operation. Candidates will need to provide professional support, direction, management, training and leadership to golf staff associates. Promotes and nurtures customer relations and enhance the quality of the golf experience. Responsible for the day-to-day golf operations.
• Oversees golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, player service operations, cart fleet, and may assist with supervising Food and Beverage operations.
• Assists in the development and day to day tracking of the budget and business plan. Helps to control expenses in relation to revenues.
• Creates a customer service oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members. Ensures that associates provide a high level of customer service.
• Works closely with the Superintendent and the Food and Beverage Manager on a daily basis to ensure timely communication and to establish a good working relationship.
• Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
• Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and makes adjustments prior to submitting to payroll. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
• Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
• Provide golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant and Associate Golf Professionals, Teaching Professionals, Tournament Coordinator, and Guest Services Attendants.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Multi-course facilities may require more experience).
• Class A member of PGA/LPGA
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English is required in order to perform the duties of the job
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with computerized POS and tee time system.