Fargo Country Club, a member-owned private club located in Fargo North Dakota, is seeking a class A PGA Head Golf Professional to manage its 27-hole golf operation. Qualifying candidates must possess an outgoing and high energy personality along with the skill set to promote and drive revenues through member programing. This individual will manage the golf operations which includes: 18-hole Championship Golf Course, 9-hole Par 3 course, complete practice facilities, member events, daily member tee times, golf shop/merchandise, player services and all golf operations staffing.
Fargo Country Club, is seeking a Head Golf Professional that oversees and maintains all facets of the golf operation of a fun and engaging club. Provides professional support, direction, management, training and leadership to golf staff associates. Promotes and nurtures customer relations and enhance the quality of the golf experience.
The demographics of Fargo Country Club have changed, and we are a place where families of all ages and s can thrive and find camaraderie. The next Head Golf Professional will help lead the club in continuing to elevate the already best-in-class programs and services to new heights.
Keys to Success:
• Be visible and engage with members, guests, and staff
• Possess strong merchandising skills to lead the club to the top of the leading edge of innovation
• Be creative with games and tournament formats to keep things fresh and exciting
• Grow the game within the club with player development and engage new and lapsed golfers of all ages
• Create community by encouraging members to play with different groups and offering opportunities to connect on the golf course with new people
• Organize and energize league programs for men and women
• Oversees golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise program, range operations, player service operations, cart fleet, and may assist with supervising Food and Beverage operations.
• Assists in the development and day to day tracking of the budget and business plan. Helps to control expenses in relation to revenues.
• Creates a customer service oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members. Ensures that associates provide a high level of customer service.
• Works closely with the Superintendent and the Food and Beverage Manager on a daily basis to ensure timely communication and to establish a good working relationship.
• Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
• Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and makes adjustments prior to submitting to payroll. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
• Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
• Provide golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant and Associate Golf Professionals, Teaching Professionals, Tournament Coordinator, and Guest Services Attendants.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Class A member of PGA/LPGA
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English is required in order to perform the duties of the Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. E
• Experience with computerized POS and tee time system.