The Director of Golf will work closely with the Club’s General Manager to develop and implement all golf related activities/programs and deliver an exceptional experience; including merchandising, club tournaments, golf outings, lesson programs, staff management & development, and assist in the acquisition and orientation of new members.
Compensation: $45,000 to $50,000 per year
Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements:
- Must have a minimum 1-2 years as a Director of Golf, Head Golf Professional or equivalent
- Must be a PGA Member in good standing
- A four-year college degree preferred, but not required
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of course administration and operation practices and procedures
- Must have experience in developing and conducting golf clinics for women and juniors
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess the ability to coordinate projects and delegate responsibility
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Delivers outstanding and consistent levels of service
- Hires, develops and manages all golf professionals and outside supervisors
- Develops, promotes and directs all golf activities
- Conducts staff meetings and communicates company information to employees.
- Orders merchandise for golf shop, providing the best selection possible at the highest margins possible given merchandise turnover goals
- Assists the GM in preparing and monitoring the annual golf operations budget
- Assist in the marketing of new memberships
- Organizes and conducts Member and Club Golf Tournaments
- Interprets and enforces the Club’s golf rules/regulations
- Oversee membership retention programs such as lost golfers, golf check-ups, concierge service, etc.
- Designs and conducts member golf clinics and lessons
- Manages new golf member orientation program
- Monitor the daily operations and analyze the daily sales reports, weekly and monthly forecasts of the golf shop; establish monthly inventory goals; help develop purchasing policies and procedures
- Supervise daily, weekly, and monthly physical inventories of merchandise and the display of this merchandise (with retail coordinator)
- Participates in community organizations that heighten the club’s profile
- Responsible for attaining sales goals for golf packages such as card programs, season tickets, etc.
- Adheres to all federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety and Employment
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager