Calvert Crossing Golf Club in Calhoun, LA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Director of Golf. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service. Please apply by clicking on the link below!
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Golf:
• Oversees golf operations including; tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, bag storage, player service operations, golf instruction programs, cart fleet, and locker room.
• Ensures that associates provide a high level of service and creates a service oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members.
• Implements policies and procedures for the golf department including; compliance of all company standards relating to quality of products and services. Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
• Works effectively and in cooperation with the Golf and Tournament Chairs and Committees. Attends all meetings as required.
• Works closely with the Superintendent, Membership Director, Accounting Manager, Food and Beverage Manager and Banquet Sales Manager. Ensures timely communication and maintains a good working relationship.
• Supports marketing programs to promote the facility’s services to potential customers.
• Maintains and/or increases group golf sales results, including number of rounds and average rate.
• Monitors all retail and merchandise related activities including; all receiving, pricing, open-to-buy management and maintains sound inventory practices as necessary.
• Manages golf department team members including but is not limited to: Assistant and Associate Golf Professionals, Teaching Professionals, Tournament Coordinator, and Guest Services Attendants.
• Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
• Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and makes adjustments prior to submitting to payroll. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
• Ensures all Human Resources procedures and policies are followed. Implements Troon personnel policy, initiates and monitors policies relating to personnel actions and training along with professional development programs.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining associates. Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
• Prepares golf department annual budget, revenue goals and expenses as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, etc.) business volume forecasts across all revenue and expense categories.
• Monitors golf department monthly and other financial reports/statements on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for the facility and takes effective corrective action when necessary across all revenue and expense categories.
• Provide golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Maintains membership with the PGA and/or other professional associations. Attends professional and industry workshops and meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments.
• Oversees the care and maintenance of all the facility’s physical assets and each individual facility.
Minimum Qualifications for the Director of Golf:
• Bachelor’s Degree; 4-6 years’ experience and/or the equivalent in experience and training in private golf club operations.
• Class A PGA Member or similar qualification is strongly preferred.
• Possesses strong leadership and hospitality skills.
• Experience with computerized POS and tee time system. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.