Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment while simultaneously being a great place to work! We are passionate about our performance and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
R&D Intern &ndash Golf Ball
Callaway Golf, a global producer of premiere, state-of-the art golf clubs and balls, seeks engineering students to be a part of the 2021 R&D internship season. No relocation assistance provided for this position.
The intern will participate in meaningful and value-added project work at our Carlsbad, CA headquarters and work in the Golf Ball R&D team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support engineering activities in developing new golf ball testing methodologies.
- Lead the data collection, analysis and documentation of test results and performance properties/characteristics.
- Present technical results and recommendations in a clear and concise manner through reports or oral presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with MS Office software Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Various statistical / analytical skills and software experience preferred Minitab preferred.
- Demonstrated Robot/Equipment/Machine Programming Experience preferred.
- Demonstrated Python programming experience preferred.
- Good communication skills, able to work in a team environment, able to multi-task.
- Some knowledge of golf and golf equipment, and a passion for golf is highly desirable.
- Must possess high initiative and ability to be self-motivated with minimal supervision.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of normal working hours.
Education and/or Experience
- Engineering Students with 2-3 years of coursework completed in one of the following majors: Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Programming, Physics, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Previous engineering-related internship or prior experience preferred, but not required.
Our internships give you an excellent opportunity to gain valuable practical experience to complement your academic pursuits.
From its beginnings in 1982, Callaway Golf has grown into a global company recognized as one of the leading manufacturers of golf equipment in the world. Our Carlsbad headquarters is the hub of one of the most innovative research and development teams in golf. We are recognized as producers of technologically sophisticated products that help both amateurs and our staff of PGA Tour professionals attain peak performance in their games!
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.