BallenIsles Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, FL is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Golf Outside Operations Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Creates a positive experience by assisting members and guests with outside services. Provides guidance to Guest Services associates.
• Works with the Tournament Coordinator to organize all groups/outings that are taking place on a specific day and prepares staff and facility for all events.
• Manages the bag drop area and works with associates to unload their golf bags from their carts.
• Maintains accurate records of golfers renting clubs, serves the members and guests who are renting golf clubs, and cleans rental clubs upon return.
• Ensures the overall upkeep of the golf outside service areas to include but not limited to cart storage area ice/water machines, patio area, bag drop, bag room, and staging area.
• Manages cart parking on the hill behind the golf shop to ensure the safety of all members. Moves golf carts with no golf bag to parking area closer to bag drop or staging area to maintain safety.
• Ensures that all payroll information for the department is inputted accurately and timely.
• Conducts regular staff meetings.
• Regular attendee of property safety meetings.
• Responsible for cart mechanic and all related activity with member and club-owned golf cars.
• Ensures outside service staff clears the short game area in a timely manner.
• Inventories and controls all supplies.
• Maintains the cart storage area and cart wash down area in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
• Prepares golf carts for play following the approved standards. Ensures proper staging of golf carts during the day.
• Performs range maintenance such as: presenting practice facility with practice balls, bag stands, ball pyramids, and maintains ball inventory over the course of the day.
• May direct start of play.
• Responsible for interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work. Make recommendations when hiring, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
• Manages department members that may include but are not limited to Guest Services Manager, Outside Service Supervisor, Guest Services Attendants, Starters and On Course Professionals.
• Assists in monitoring business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs, and other expenses.
• Communicates any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have a valid driver’s license
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job