BallenIsles Country Club is seeking a Full Time Assistant Golf Professional
Assists in administering all daily operations including, but not limited to: facilitating sales, assisting with merchandise, operating POS system, managing handicap and tee sheet applications, acts as ranger, starter, guest relations, outside service or golf shop shifts.
• Assists in administering all point of sales application revisions and needs as it applies to green fee sales, merchandise sales, and member/guest billing. Coordinates with Accounting Departments all policy and procedure revisions, updates, and implementation.
• Reconciles daily tee sheets, performs check-in, and receives payments from members and guests. Resolves discrepancies as it applies to duplicate charges and over or under payment. Tracks all force posts and no show charges as applicable. Promotes all club golf activities.
• Assists in the creation of lesson plans and provides both individual and group instruction.
• Maintains a clean, orderly, and well-stocked golf shop. Assists retail buyer with procurement and merchandise and shop assistants with merchandising and sales.
• Prepares for all golf outings including coordinating scorecards, cart labels, rules sheets, score sheets, format sheets, favors, pairing sheets and hole assignments.
• Monitors all members’ scores, reports handicapping to USGA and bills members.
• Follows established opening and closing procedures.
• Assists with associate training.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English is required in order to perform the duties of the job
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with computerized POS and tee time system.
Associate’s degree (AA); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current Associate of the PGA of America (level 1 or Level 2 preferred)