Golf Operations Assistant
DIRECT REPORT: GOLF MANAGER
LOCATION: CLEEVE HILL GOLF CLUB, CHELTENHAM
HOURS: 40 HOURS PER WEEK / 8am to 5pm – Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch
Flexible working will be required due to the nature of the role including working weekends.
You think fast, work proactively and always keep on top of things, even in a dynamic environment.
You will be self-motivated with a can-do attitude and have an ability to build strong relationships, communicate at all levels and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
You are passionate about golf and driven to develop a meaningful career in the golf industry.
ROLE, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The role will require the candidate to assist the Golf Manager in ensuring the smooth running of day-to-day golf operations at Cleeve Hill. While providing exceptional service to our members and guests.
The role is split into the following key areas:
- Assist in general golf operations throughout the club
- Retail & Merchandising responsibilities within the golf shop
- Tee Sheet Management & Sales
- Assist in the running of societies and events
- Responsibility for the golf shop and daily operations in the absence of the Golf Manager
- Performing alongside seasonal staff with a team player attitude
CLEEVE HILL PRO SHOP RESPONSIBILITIES
- Offering a first-class concierge service to all Cleeve Hill Members and Non-members
- Ensuring all enquiries, whether by phone or email, are answered in a timely manner
- Booking tee times for members and non-members using relevant software
- Dealing with all membership enquiries.
- Taking payments in person and over the phone
- Taking responsibility for ensuring the Pro-shop is always stocked appropriately, and the stock
- inventory is kept updated on a weekly basis
- Processing any exchanges or returns through the Pro-shop.
- Liaising with customers knowledgeable regarding stock levels, sizing etc
Private & Confidential
- Cashing up at the end of each day, banking all cash payments and reporting revenue to Nick Hovey
- Ensuring the Pro-shop is maintained and is clean, presentable, and welcoming to Members and Non-Members at all times
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is always observed and providing good knowledge of the history of the Cleeve Hill and the course itself
CLEEVE HILL EVENTS PLANNING:
- Assisting the Golf Manager in the planning process
- Helping ensure the smooth running of all events (internal and external)
CLEEVE HILL EVENTS EXECUTION:
- Attending all Cleeve Hill events
- Assisting event set up including registration, meet and greet process, handicap checking, scoring and food and beverage, and any other requirements.
Please send your CV and a covering letter confirming what interests you about this role, and why you feel you are the perfect candidate, by clicking on APPLY now
PLEASE NOTE WE REGRET THAT WE CAN ONLY GET BACK TO CANDIDATES THAT HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL WITH THEIR APPLICATION