Essential Functions of the Job
- Supports management staff in primary pesticide applications.
- Supports management staff in fertilizer applications.
- Aids in bent watch programs and water management theories.
- Aids crew in day to day maintenance operations.
- Supports crew training programs.
- Focus on course scout program and relay information to management staff.
- Balance risk vs. reward ideals.
- Supports facility R & M and equipment clean up.
- Helps with tissue sample analysis data entry.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Aid the Golf Course Director and his/her Assistants in a supportive manner in order to produce a well-groomed, healthy, enjoyable and playable golf course for the Members.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of his/her required technical specialties.
- Seek methods to reduce organizational liabilities and improve the quality of maintenance services being provided.
- Perform other duties as delegated by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Turfgrass management training and education
- Irrigation construction repair and maintenance knowledge desired
- Minimum of one year relevant working experience on a golf course
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum two-year certificate from an accredited Turfgrass Management program or related field; Bachelor’s Degree in Turfgrass Management or related field preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
May be exposed to the following: carbon monoxide fumes from equipment, various insects and animals, electrical outlets and wiring, grease and hot oils from equipment, high noise levels, flying golf balls, welding devices with open flame, a variety of grinders, saws, fans, etc., and dirt, mud, pollen, dust and approved pesticides. Equipment used includes but is not limited to: triplex mower, triplex trim mower, fly mower, Weedeater, squeegee, sod cutter, levelawn, portable gas container, bucket, rag, soap and water, front end loader, backhoe, box blade, soil floating devices, 5 gang rough unit, utility type vehicle, utility trailer, dump trailer, walking greens mower, fairway mower, miscellaneous hand tools, cup cutter, cup setter, cup puller, latest technology tools, hand and mechanical edgers, mechanized trenching equipment, tractor, tractor drawn sweeper and 72 inch rotary mower. Safety equipment includes: goggles, hearing protection, steel-toed shoes (must be work to fly mower), seat belts, protective hat, gloves, rain suit, appropriate protective respiratory devices and insect repellent, back support belt.
Projected Work Schedule:
Normal work hours are 6:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as dictated by the needs of the business.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds and frequently required to talk and/or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle or lift items. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms and/or drive a golf cart. The employee is also required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as but not limited to: preparing and analyzing data and figures, visual inspection involving property maintenance, hazards and safety violations, and/or operation of machines (including inspection).
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Employee engagement activities and recognition events
- Years of Service awards
- Variety of benefits coverage options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
*Based upon employee eligibility