An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and adaptable Golf Services Co-ordinator to join the team at Selby Golf Club
Reporting to the General Manager and supported by a small team of golf services colleagues you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our golf operation including the retail operation, all outside golf services, locker rooms, tournament and event management, golf specific sales and marketing and maintaining excellent member relations.
As Golf Services Co-ordinator you will work closely with the Golf Services Team to ensure the front of house day-to-day golf operation runs to the highest standard and that members and guests have a fantastic golf experience, friendly staff, well-maintained equipment, and well organised events. You will help drive sales in the golf shop using your expertise to maximise profitability of both our own and branded goods.
As a Head of Department, you will develop, implement, and coordinate projects and have a strong front of house presence, interacting with our members and guests to ensure we deliver on our promise that ‘you will leave feeling better than when you arrived’.
There is an informal and welcoming feel at Selby Golf Club, with 18 Championship-standard holes providing a memorable and diverse challenge for all golfers. Selby is a busy place, but it isn’t all about golf. Our popular bar, restaurant and lounge is great for a relaxed brunch, lunch, or afternoon tea, and our lounge and separate dining rooms are perfect for meetings, and events.
What really sets us apart is the warm, personal service our team deliver., and we can’t achieve this without the team who put fantastic customer service at the heart of everything they do.
The role is 40 hours per week, on 5 days out of 7 basis, including weekends and bank holidays, however a degree of flexibility will be required from time to time in support of the business.
Our Ideal Applicant:
- Prior golf retail and managerial experience
- Organised and dynamic team player who is passionate about golf and retail
- Strong communication skills
- Warm, friendly, and enthusiastic personality
- Organised, adaptable with good attention to detail
- High standard of personal presentation
- Excellent standards of written and spoken English
- Strong IT skills (experience of relevant Golf software an advantage)
- Complimentary club membership
- 28 days holiday (includes public & bank holidays)
- Subsidised staff meals
- Discount drinks card
- Uniform provided
- Contributory pension scheme