This role will be responsible for assisting in various projects and activities regarding product manufacturing. There will be a specific focus on experiments in mixing, molding and finishing of new golf ball construction from the Research and Development team. This role will be responsible for documenting, tracking and summarizing data regarding these projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using sound scientific methods and principles assist in the execution of both small and large scale pilots focusing on feasibility and scale-up of new golf ball constructions and methods specified by the R&D team.
- Under the guidance of senior engineers, assist in the execution of cost-savings/avoidance opportunities through process improvements that will result in significant financial contributions to the bottom-line.
- Track and document all projects, detailing methods used, critical parameters, and detailed observations and conclusions.
- Track engineering equipment related inventory and place orders for spare parts and materials.
- Work effectively and professionally with all levels of employees.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with both the manufacturing team and the research and development team.
- Help to establish and document manufacturing instructions, where appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness of work areas in accordance with departmental cleanliness standards and safety guidelines.
- Assist with all new product requests for testing or marketing purposes. The employee will be responsible for testing, shipping, and tracking such samples.
- Adheres to safety guidelines including improvements
- Works towards improvements for process efficiencies
- Other duties as assigned
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Statistical aptitude
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Ability to read and write through various means of communication
- Understanding of mechanical concepts related to manufacturing
- Computer skills with the ability to manage different types of electronic data files.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate engineering program at an accredited college or university.
- Preferred major in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering or related fields of study
- Standing as a sophomore or greater with a 3.0 GPA or greater
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Preferred experience with Minitab
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
- Frequent periods of sitting at a computer
- Infrequent stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Infrequent reaching into and working in confined spaces
- The employee may be frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business related machines and software.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. Distribution of this item outside of the Company without an authorized release is a violation of Company policy.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer