Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands. We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete.
The Senior Credit Analyst is responsible for assessing and managing the credit risk in an assigned account portfolio. Responsible for managing the same portfolio within the order-to-cash cycle in accordance with departmental and corporate guidelines/ objectives. Includes daily account contact to cure A/R issues and delinquencies, manage orders against credit line and AR guidelines, establish credit lines under sign off authority and provide management with a formal recommendation for all others exceeding sign off authority, negotiate with customers for suitable secured credit options, process new account applications and process customer master maintenance modifications. Mentor teammates and provide guidance in the entire order to cash process. Interacts closely with sales to assist in meeting revenue goals.
- Continuously monitor credit risk of individual accounts within assigned portfolio.
- Review performance-related data, payment trends, scoring and take appropriate action to mitigate the potential risk of loss while optimizing sales opportunities.
- Must analyze financial statements, identify liquidity, solvency, leverage, efficiency, and profitability ratios as well as other metrics.
- Identify the components of the business' capitalization and analyze its cash flow statement. Incorporate third-party information as appropriate.
- Draft a written report including the results of the financial analysis, interpretation of the same, summarization of opportunities, cause and effect relationship of operational results, bank and trade data and present an overall credit risk assessment with a corresponding recommendation. Set appropriate credit lines as per sign off authority.
- Able to negotiate and implement alternative secured credit options with customers.
- Able to communicate, both orally and in written format, with customers and sales representatives. Represents Acushnet Co.'s credit dept. at customer visits.
- Work closely with assigned Collection Rep to negotiate appropriate credit lines for assigned accounts.
- Contact customers to collect and/or resolve past due balances.
- Use GetPaid software (or similar) to prioritize and set collection strategies. Maintain adequate account documentation in support of efforts. Escalate to the manager as appropriate. Employ use of automated fax and e-mail technologies.
- Monitor payment trends, scoring changes, flash report communiques and, financial statement analysis, take appropriate corrective action to mitigate the potential for risk of loss. Execute on security as necessary (i.e. draft on letter of credit).
- Code customer deductions and follow/pursue to closure.
- Able to independently negotiate acceptable workout plans as necessary.
- Is a problem solver, able to identify cause and effect relationships and reaches business decisions that are in the best interest of the company.
- Process all new account applications in accordance with Sales and Marketing guidelines, as well as departmental policy. Includes verifying information through secretary of state's offices, searching customer database to prevent duplication and inserting location history when applicable.
- Requires use of Experian scoring software to pull 3rd party data reports. Must validate the auto approve/ decline scoring decisions. Solicits additional financial information, articles of incorporation, potential guarantor, release agreements, letters of credit, security agreements, etc. when deemed necessary to enable further processing and to reach a suitable credit decision.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of customer master records (bill to's and ship to’) in accordance with sales and marketing policies and practices (i.e. determining when to close and account, when to solicit sales approval, whether address changes may be made and or when to change a top line with knowledge of the potential legal ramifications. etc).
- Understands the legal framework behind the corporate structure of an applicant. Can interpret the information contained in reports from data providers and is able to synthesize and incorporate it in formulating an independent overall credit decision for each new application.
- Meet with customers and sales representatives as an agent of the credit department for the purpose of further enhancing overall relationships. Able to negotiate compromises concerning credit relationships that meet the expectations of all parties to the extent possible.
- Accepts ad-hoc assignments and can independently produce a quality work product that meets the assigned objectives. May entail process improvements, research, and quantify root causes of problems etc.
- High School with Associates Degree preferred.
- 5-8 years of related work experience in the commercial credit and collections field with a heavy emphasis on risk analysis and portfolio management.
- The ability to speak Spanish and/or French is preferred.