Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for creating and preparing graphic artwork and artistic material based on source images for key functional areas. Responsible for the creation of production files to be used for custom logo embroidery and printing on a variety of customizable products, as well as creating accompanying proofs to be emailed to customers for approval. This position is responsible for complex replication of artwork that is provided by external sources. Works on assignments that can be complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support various computer platforms for pre-press graphic arts and digitization, including but not limited to Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Wilcom Embroidery Studio, InDesign, Microsoft Office, and other programs as necessary.
· Execute embroidery thread, pantone and four color process conversions.
· Collaborate with other Logo Graphic Artists to ensure consistent creation and preparation of graphic artwork based upon source images, creating the production files to be used for custom logo decoration on a variety of customizable products, as well as creating proofs for customers.
· Maintain efficient and high quality turn-time for logo artwork, digitization, proofs, etc. to ensure that the highest levels of Customer Service are met.
· Responsible for maintaining and updating all asset information within the digital asset system, verifying necessary data fields to ensure orders placed via Order Tool have visibility to proper information vital to the order.
· Monitors the flow of orders through the artwork production queue, to insure proper artwork lead times.
· Provides feedback regarding new software and workflows to maximize time efficiency in pre-press, art process, digitization and general business flow related to Custom Logo orders.
· Creates and Designs artwork for other departments as necessary.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
· Must have strong knowledge in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Wilcom Embroidery Studio. Must have intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
· Must possess technical knowledge of embroidery, heat transfer, screen printing, pad printing, stamping, etching and digital printing.
· Must have strong problem solving ability to quickly and accurately dissect components of source artwork for quick and accurate re-creation.
· Must be extremely flexible and open to listening to ideas from numerous individuals with the distinct ability to “change course” midstream and make modifications as requested by customers.
· Computer experience using SAP program preferred
· Good communication skills both written and verbal. Able to read and interpret sales and work orders.
· Requires basic abilities to read, write, and communicate in English
· Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, percentages, ratios, and conversions of inches to/from millimeters.
· Able to work, multitask in a fast-paced, team environment.
· Must be capable of effectively managing and prioritizing individual projects, deadlines, and tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma Required
· College Degree / Experience preferred or equivalent job experience.
· Minimum 3 years of graphics experience required
· Embroidery digitization experience preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer