Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Principal SEC Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for supervising and participating in the entire financial reporting process, which includes the timely and accurate preparation of the Company’s monthly and quarterly internal reporting package, quarterly and annual SEC filings on Forms 10-Q and 10-K, and various annual statutory and 401(K) financial statements. Candidate is also responsible for overseeing and reviewing the Company’s worldwide monthly and quarterly detailed variance analysis of the balance sheet and income statement. Candidate collaborates with financial and non-financial teams throughout the Company’s subsidiaries (both domestic and international) in order to ensure the timely compilation of various accounting schedules that support financial reporting. Additionally, candidate supervises fixed asset accounting and lease accounting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and review of the monthly and quarterly internal reporting package, which includes the balance sheet, income statement, statement of shareholders’ equity, statement of cash flows and various schedules containing detailed information of the Company’s revenues, gross margins, operating expenses, and operating segments.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and review of the monthly and quarterly detailed variance analysis of the balance sheet and income statement, which includes research of period over period fluctuations and coordination with various departments throughout the Company, both domestically and internationally.
- Oversee the timely and accurate collection of financial information provided by subsidiaries throughout the Company, both domestically and internationally.
- Supervise the completion of Forms 10-Q and 10-K, including preparation and review of footnote disclosures and the MD&A and obtain information to be included in SEC filings.
- Review the quarterly and annual disclosure checklists to ensure disclosures are compliant with US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Review XBRL tagging of the financial statements and footnotes within Wdesk for completeness and accuracy.
- Supervise and participate in the tie-out of Forms 10-Q and 10-K; prepare and review the electronic tie-out binder within Wdesk.
- Collaborate with and assist external auditors with quarterly review and annual audit procedures; prepare and review financial schedules, provide requested items, answer questions and address comments.
- Compile pro-forma financial statements used in the Company’s earnings releases, which includes coordination with the finance department.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of schedules used in earnings releases; ensure data is consistent with information included in the internal reporting package and Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Compile statutory financial statements and footnote disclosures for the Company’s various international subsidiaries, as well as work with external auditors in completing annual audit requirements.
- Compile the financial statements and footnotes for the Company’s 401(k) plan, as well as work with external auditors in completing annual audit requirements.
- Supervise the accounting of fixed assets, which includes the review of journal entries to record asset additions/disposals, intercompany transfers, and depreciation expense, in addition to the compilation of the global, consolidated fixed asset rollforward schedule.
- Supervise the accounting for leases, which includes review of new or modified lease agreements in the Company’s lease accounting software and review of lease activity rollforwards.
- Complete special requests and projects on a timely basis.
- Perform SOX testing to support corporate audit in their annual SOX assessment.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines, and complete assignments accurately and timely.
- Resourcefulness to problem solve, propose and implement solutions.
- Highly organized, efficient and analytical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare presentations for top management.
- Self-starter with a process improvement focus.
- Must excel in team-oriented environments.
- General technical accounting knowledge.
- Solid understanding of internal controls.
- Wdesk proficiency required.
- SAP familiarity preferred; experience with an equivalent ERP system required.
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency and strong computer skills required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related subject.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting and SEC financial reporting in private industry.
- Financial reporting experience with strong understanding of SEC/GAAP requirements.
- Sarbanes-Oxley 404 experience preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.