Senior Electrical Engineer will perform major, long range engineering projects to significantly improve the efficiency of our golf ball manufacturing process and/or provide capability for making new and improved products. They will also provide plant support for machine control issues for all facets of the manufacturing operation. Maintain and manage electrical power systems and equipment for the facility.
- Perform major engineering projects to reduce manufacturing costs and support the development of new and/or improved products. Function as project leader, supervising external contractors and internal personnel resources.
- Provide plant support for machine control issues for all facets of the manufacturing operation and facilities.
- Design or direct the design of control software and hardware for control of production machines, and for integration of multiple machines into automated manufacturing cells.
- Maintain awareness of existing and newly introduced control system components. Evaluate reliability and applicability to our manufacturing requirements.
- Provide design, installation, maintenance, and safety documentation for new machinery control systems.
- Identify and develop external engineering resources to assist in implementing electrical engineering projects.
- Communicate project progress through periodic written reports and verbal presentations.
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment and at least two years experience in engineering project management.
- BS Electrical Engineering or related degree required.
- Thorough knowledge of control system components and software including sensors, transducers, PLC and PC based control systems, programmable motion control, supervisory control systems, and control system safety standards.
- Some travel may be required to support current facility, other locations, attend trade shows, seminars, training and educational events.
- Must be able to be present in the manufacturing environment on a regular basis for extended periods of time.
- Working knowledge of N.E.C electrical code, formal electronic and PLC functionality training.